What is Universal Account Number?
UAN Means Universal/Unique Account Number. UAN is Issued by EPFO to it’s all the Members. UAN is Provided by EPFO For the Better Management of EPFO Fund. It is a unique 12-digit number assigned to an employee by EPFO India. UAN is generated for each PF account holders by the Employee Provident Fund Organization.
When an Employee Leaves any Organization and Joins new organization, he/she also get New PF Account Every Time because his/her EPF Account also gets Change. In this Case, if an Employee has to Withdraw their PF Balance then they have to apply separately at each of his previous employers to get his PF balance transferred or withdrawn.
So to minimize this Problem and withdraw PF Amount Easily EPFO has Introduce UAN Number Concept Which will remain Same for the Lifetime for Particular Employee irrespective of changing of EPF Account.
How do I get my UAN?
To get New UAN Number Make sure that You need to have one EPF Account and you also have to provide your Aadhar Card (Eaadhar is also accepted). If you have an EPF Account, then follow given Steps to get UAN Number.
- In the First step Visit the following link (It’s EPFO Service link) (You will See Below Page)
- In the Next Step Select your state and office of jurisdiction.
- Enter your EPF number and Establishment Code.
Now Check the Details again and Hit the Button “Check Status,” If Your UAN has Generated then You can get Your UAN Number in the Screen. Download the Number and Save it for your Future Reference.
How to register, generate & activate EPF UAN online?
After Getting UAN Number, You have to first Register and Activate Your UAN Number at UAN Member Portal.
Know UAN Number
You can Also Know your UAN Number at Universal Account Number Portal. To know Your UAN Number Follow Given steps.
- Go to the UAN Service Portal. (URL – https://unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in/UAN_Services.php)
- Select UAN Member Portal.
- Click On “KNOW YOUR UAN STATUS.”
- In the Next Page Enter All the Details Listed like Member ID, Aadhar/PAN Number, Name, Date Of Birth, Mobile Number and Email ID.
- Get Authorization PIN And Hit Enter.
- Enter the Authorization PIN in Next Page and You can Able to Check your UAN Status, Whether it’s Generated or Not.
Now If Your UAN Number has Generated then You need to Activate your UAN Number. To do that Follow UAN Activation Process given Below.
How to activate UAN Number?
- To Activate UAN Number First Go to UAN Activation Portal by CLICKING HERE.
- Ther You can See Given Page of Universal Account Number Portal. In that Page Click On “UAN MEMBER PORTAL” Written on the Right Bottom.
- After that, You will Redirect to Given Page. In that Click on “ACTIVATE UAN” Under IMPORTANT LINK Section.
- Now in that Page Fill up All the DATA Like
- UAN Number
- Enter Member ID
- Select State and Office
- Aadhar or PAN Number
- Mobile Number
- Email ID etc.
- After Filling All the Details Enter Captcha and Click on Get Authorization Pin.
- In the Next Step when You get PIN Enter that PIN in Given BOX and Hit Enter.
Your UAN has Activated now. You can access your UAN details by logging on to the UAN member portal website. But before that, an employee needs to activate his/her UAN to access his/her UAN details.
Required Documents to Link UAN with NEW Organization
If have joined new organization then you get new EPF Account and to Link your New EPF Account with Existing you need to Submit few Documents to link Both of then using Single UAN Number. List of Documents is as follows.
- Bank Account Details Like Bank Name, IFSC Code, Account Number, and Branch Name.
- KYC Document like Driving Licence, PAN Card, PassportElection Card, Ration Card, etc.
- UAN Provided by Old Organization.
Now If you Don’t have any UAN then, in this Case, you need to Submit Following Documents.
- Your Bank Details like Bank Name, Account Number, IFSC Code, Branch Name.
- Previous Account Number of Old Organization.
- Last Working Day of Old Company.
How to download UAN card?
After Activating UAN Number, You can Enable Much Functionality of UAN and EPFO. You can Download your UAN Card and EPF Passbook at UAN Portal and EPFO Portal.
- First, log in on to UAN Member Portal with the username and password.
- Now Go to the download menu and click the “Download UAN Card” button.
- Click on the “Download” button. You can then download your UAN which you can either save or print.
Make Sure You Download and Make Hardcopy of Your UAN Card for Future Use because You get UAN Number only one time and It’s Valid for all your PF Account Number.
What are the benefits of using UAN?
The UAN has made PF transfer very easy as all PF accounts will have the same UAN.
- Easy and smooth PF account balance transfer procedure, even if you change some jobs. The UAN will remain same in your entire professional career.
- UAN helps in making a direct communication between EPFO and employees. Now, an employee doesn’t have to be dependent on his/her employer for PF balance transfer and withdrawal.
- Employees would be able to view, transfer and withdraw PF balance easily. They would be able to check transfer claim status, update KYC documents and download UAN card.
- Employees will receive SMS notification as and when their PF is deposited. Each month when an employer deposits provident fund on your behalf, you will receive SMS notification. This will keep you updated about PF deduction.
- If you have a UAN, you can apply for online PF transfer.
By this Way, You can Know Your UAN Status and Activate UAN online at UAN Portal.