EPF aka Employee Provident Fund is Administrated and Transferred by the Concerned Authority Known as Employee Provident Fund Organisation of India (EPFO). An Employer which Provides Employment to their Worker to make their both hands meet need to register for EPFO to provide their Workers EPF Benefits. For that Kindly check out our Previous Post about How an Employer can Register for EPFO. Note that EPFO is governed by the Government under the Labour and Employment Ministry of India.
We have witnessed Technological Advancement in this time period. Earlier There isn’t any facility check EPF Balance but today there are Many Ways to Check PF balance via different Methods. So, without wasting your time we will come to the Point of How You can check your EPF Balance by Sending a Simple Message.
Process to Check EPF Balance Through SMS
There are Mainly 2 ways to check EPF Balance: Online and Offline. This is Offline Method to check PF Balance through SMS. If you don’t have any Internet Facility and residing in Suburban Areas than you can Use this method to check your EPF Balance.
Format of SMS – EPFOHO UAN ENG
EPF Balance SMS Request Number – 7738 299 899
This Method supports total 10 Language:: Hindi, English, Gujarati, Tamil, Punjabi, Telugu, Marathi, Malayalam, Kannada and Bengali. But all the Language has Different Code as listed bellow:
To avail SMS facility you require a valid/Registered UAN Number and Proper KYC Details. Once You will send the SMS EPFO will send you the Employee Details like Your KYC Status, Last EPF Contribution and Latest EPF Balance in addition to the date of birth.
Miss Call Number to check PF Balance Instantly
This is also an Offline method to check pf balance. In this Method, you need to Give one Miss call on 011 22901406 Number. It’s a Toll-Free Number and No Charge is applicable for this.
The Main reason why this Method works best because in SMS is chargeable but Miss call is tall Free. It’s Fast and easy no need to type. You also don’t need any EPF Application to open and login to your UAN Profile to check EPF Balance. This feature comes under EPF’s e-SEWA Facility.
Here Note one thing that These Methods have only been used by those who have Active UAN Number. The only disadvantage of this Method that Sometimes Miss call method won’t Work. So at that time, you need to look after for other alternatives.
Requirments to check PF Balance
You have to look after this Points before checking PF Balance.
- You have a Valid UAN Number.
- Your UAN Number should Activated.
- You need to send the SMS from Registered Mobile Number.
- Your KYC Details Need to be Updated with Your Aadhar and PAN Details.
Importance to monitor EPF Balance Time to Time
It is very important to check EPF Balance Regulaery because there are many reasons:
- Many times it happens that Your Employer forgets to contribute their share in your EPF account at this time it is required to trace the Process whether Employer is contributing or not.
- It is your Retirement Savings and One of the Biggest saving of your Life.So you have to have enough idea that How much balance is there in your account. Is your Employer is contributing their Part or not and You can also get a clear idea about How much Interest you are Getting on the total amount.
- Sometimes you forget the EPF Credential because it’s possible that you are not Active about epf news so it’s better to check your account time to time and If possible provide your KYC detail like Link your Aadhar Card, PAN card, Driving Licence and other ID Proof with EPF Portal. It will help you at the end time when you want to withdraw your EPF money after retirement.
So this is the Main reasons to check PF Balance regularly. You can also check out our previous Post regarding 6 Ways to Check EPF Balance and If you haven’t Activated your UAN they first you need to Register and Activate your UAN Number as soon as possible.
If you still have any doubts feel free to comment down below we will try to solve your Queries as soon as possible and Share this Post to aware your friends to help them.