One of the Biggest Problem in Government Portals are Correction in many Places in ID card like Aadhar, PAN and Driving Licence. Likewise, There are also many chances of Correction in Your EPF Details.
Problem arise due to Incorrect EPF details
- It is quite possible that Your employer makes mistake while filling your Form, especially in EPF Name. It is also possible with your name and surname. The Possibilities of correction increases when you have many EPF account under one UAN Number. When you change Company or an Organisation You will get New EPF Number but your UAN Number remains Same through out the Life. UAN Number works like an Umbrella. If you haven’t taken your UAN Number yet them We will highly recommend you to get as soon as possible. For this, You can refer this Post about How to Register and Activate UAN number at EPFO?
- Due to incorrect details, it will rais problems at the time of PF Withdrawal after your before your retirement. Because at the time of PF withdrawal you have to submit Documents like ID Proofs for verification and due to mismatch of EPF details there is a possibility of Rejection of Application.
- When the Members get Married than they have to change the Nominee details to avoid any problems in the future.
- Joining Date is also an important factor and if it’s entered wrongly It may create many problems because Date is crucial to calculate EPS Pension at the time of retirement.
It feels very Frustrating when you check your EPF Balance and you see that there is a mistake in your Name. After knowing the Problem EPFO has started a Facility called EPFO UAN HELPDESK. So, without wasting your time let’s see the procedure to Change your Name and Surname in your EPF account via Online and Offline Method.
Update EPF UAN Details Online
Basically, there are 2 ways to Update or Correct your EPF Details: Online and Offline
The Process is very simple and as Follows:
- In the First step Open EPFO PORTAL
- Now under the Under the Our Services Option select FOR EMPLOYEES Tab.
- From that You have to select UAN Member Portal.
- On the UAN Member Portal Log in with your UAN Number and Password. If you have Lost your Password then Don’t worry click on FORGET PASSWORD Tab and You will receive one Mail with a link to reset new Password.
- After Logging In Select Your Profile and You can easily Update details From there.
- The UAN Helpdesk portal enables you to correct and resolve multiple issues in your EPF account. All you have to do is log on to the EPFO UAN portal and click on the ‘Member’ tab. Upon clicking on the tab, you are redirected to a page which allows you to make changes in the given list.
Update EPF UAN Details Offline
In order to correct the NAME, you have to submit one Application through your Employer along with supporting documents for Identity Proof. EPFO has made a provision for changing the name of EPF members in the application software. Members who wish to get their name to be changed in the EPF Database can apply for the same through their employer along with supporting documents. In this regard, a circular has already been issued to the field offices mentioning the supporting documents and the process flow.
Follow, the Given steps in order to change your EPF Details:
- First Download the EPF Name Correction Form
- Fill Up the Forms with Required Details.
- After Filling Form Sign At the End.
- Obtain Name of the Authorised Signatories.
- Take Signature with Establishment Seal.
- For the Verification Purpose, You need to attach one ID Proof.
- Submit the Application to your Employer with all required documents.
This Process is applicable to Update Father’s or Spouse’s name, For Date of birth correction, Correction of date of joining/leaving, PF / EPS Account No. and to change Employee’s Address. But there is some exception in the process In order to Update Date of Birth You need to Provide Your BIRTH CERTIFICATE to EPFO.
NOTE: EPF Correction Process can’t be done Independently you have to jointly apply along with your employer to correct your Name in your PF account so at the time of withdrawal you don’t face any issues.
Supporting Documents to Change Name in EPF Account
Here is a List of Supporting Documents which is accepted by EPF
- PAN card
- Driver’s license
- Voters ID card
- ESIC ID card
- Aadhaar card
- Certificates of birth or death that have been issued by the registrar
- A certificate that is created based on the records of government service (state or central)
- Bank or post office passbooks
- Certificates related to schools and education
- Aadhar Card
Change In the Name Due To Marriage
In case of Marriage If you have changed your surname then you need to fill up EPF Correction Form and submit to EPFO. If you have updated your Details in Bank Account then you need to it makes the same change in the EPF database. But in this case, You need to provide them a copy of the marriage certificate as well for verification Purpose. Make sure Your Details in Bank Account and EPF account should Match correctly so that It can’t create problems at the time of PF withdrawal.
So, This is the Complete Process to Update EPF Account Credentials like Name, Address, and Date of Birth. In case if you find trouble or Problem you can Lodge Complaints at EPFiGMS. and also let us Know in the Comment section and we will try to Solve your Queries.